Don't Forget Netscape

€dstowe 14:36 23 Oct 06

There's all this talk about IE7 and Firefox2 but, don't forget Netscape for your "Internet Experience".

I was just doing some browser compatibility checking and saw a new version is available today - Netscape 8.1.2.

Give it a go - you might be pleasantly surprised.

It installs easily and you don't have to shut things down and mess about - it just loads as you expect a well designed piece of software to do.

click here

john-232317 16:36 23 Oct 06

I used to use it 5 or 6 years ago and found it very good then, but for some reason I cant remember I drifted away from it.

I use Opera now, but maybe I will give the new version a try, thanks ;-)

rawprawn 17:51 23 Oct 06

Hi
I already use IE7 and Firefox, is it worth a go.
There are only so many browsers you can use effectively

Stuartli 18:07 23 Oct 06

I thought Firefox and Netscape are very closely related.

woodchip 18:08 23 Oct 06

Just on the Above, If it says something in the order of you do not have authority to do scans. Remove from Add Remove and reload until it works. the Scanner is PestPatrol software

Stuartli 18:09 23 Oct 06

I think you meant to post elsewhere...:-)

€dstowe 18:43 23 Oct 06

Web browsers seem to evoke quite a lot of passion amongst different users - what suits one is violently disliked by another etc.

At one time Netscape was THE browser to have but, it seemed to lose its way and lost popularity.

This new version seems to be bringing it back into the mainstream.

It installs easily and you can always take it out again if you don't like it so, it's worth a go. You never know - you might like it.

woodchip 20:25 23 Oct 06

No it was for this thread. The Netscape 8.1.2 spy scanner may not work first time you load it. so uninstall and reinstall till it does. I only had to do the above once for it to load the scanner software . In Netscape

Stuartli 23:53 23 Oct 06

Well you, for once, had me completely bemused...:-)

How many people would be aware of the Netscape 8.1.2 spy scanner?

woodchip 23:55 23 Oct 06

I had to find it on Google as it would not run, After a Uninstall and then Reinstall it worked OK. But some have had to do this more than once

woodchip 23:58 23 Oct 06

It does it all ID protection, WEb page checker Malaware etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…