dont like AVG internet security suite

Kingfisher 20:28 30 May 08

just recently upgraded to latest AVG internet security suite 8.0, but seems resource hungry pc seems slower. Had a bad expeience with Norton so wont touch that with a barge pole. Can anyone recommend a good security suite (not just antivirus) one that has a better interface than AVG 8.0 and not resource hungry, have googled but cant decide.
my spec is intel Pentuim 4.0 3.00ghz 1 gig ram windows xp sp3, any recommendations would be appreciated, had originally posted this on consumerwatch, but no response

rogerdavis 20:36 30 May 08

I use avast 4.8 and windows defender on XP SP3.

Both update by themselves and run quietly in the background.

citadel 20:38 30 May 08

add another 1g of ram and everything should run faster even if you change to another av. plus it is cheap at the moment.

Kingfisher 21:45 30 May 08

have ordered more ram, thankyou both for your advice

jamich 22:13 30 May 08

i have been using Kaspersky int. security suite 7.0 for a loong time and this is far the best suite on the market and at the moment for half price i would say this is one of the best suites in the world. check here click here
o yes and it not resource hungry.

jamich 22:15 30 May 08

if you decide to go for it i will send you the cupon to use so you can get half price.

sconedd 23:36 30 May 08

Using NOD32 at the present time, click here. They have a deal on at the moment for 2 years subscription £33.18+vat. It works in the background, not resource hungry, in fact you don't it's there. Excellent antivirus, if you want to pay. Hope this helps.

Kingfisher 09:20 31 May 08

thanks to all for your advice much appreciated, will either revert to 7.5, (not sure how to do that) have orered more ram and still considering Kaspersky

yaesu 14:23 31 May 08

Hi, for what it's worth I've just renewed Kaspersky. Wouldn't change as it's as everyone else has said. yaesu.

ened 15:54 31 May 08

I have 4gig of memory and it caused my machine to run slow. So I don't think it is necessarily caused by a shortage of RAM.

crosstrainer 15:58 31 May 08

Working fine, then it started BSOD'ing, No amount of tweaking would cure it, so I've binned it, and am giving Avira a go (seems fine) I tried AVG, but it would not scan beyond 34% and took an hour just to get there (I think it's related to Acronis TI 11) But that stays on my systems no matter what.

Avira in conjunction with PC Tools Spyware Doctor should be fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac