Done something stupid with Outlook 2003.

ricardoespana 15:12 08 Mar 10

Earlier I went to create a new Outlook 2003 profile, but forgot to do correction to the profile name. I have tried to open the Mail Icon in control panel, but I receive a message, saying "The list of profiles could not be loaded. An unexpected error has occurred".

I have tried to do a detect and repair using my Office 2003 disc, but still unable to open the Mail icon. I have renamed Outlook.dat to .old, but that has not helped.

I though about removing all of MS Office 2003 and reloading, but as there are experts on this forum, I thought I would try here first.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

KremmenUK 15:21 08 Mar 10

Try renaming Outlook.pst which is usually embedded in your Application Data > Microsoft directory structure somewhere.

When Outlook restarts it will create a new one.

BRYNIT 15:34 08 Mar 10

You could try creating a new pst file click here

ricardoespana 18:29 08 Mar 10

First of all, my apologies for not replying sooner. I was called out on an errand.

I have created a new .pst file - no problems. But I cannot add a new account via Outlook Connector. I want to add my Hotmail account. As I said earlier, I am unable to open the 'Mail' icon in Control Panel, so unable to create a new Hotmail profile.

I know I am missing something to overcome this, but my brain has given up.lol

ricardoespana 18:06 09 Mar 10

Overnight I have added my Hotmail account via Outlook Connector, but I am still unable to open the Mail icon in the Control Panel.

I still get a message saying - "The list of profiles could not be loaded. An unexpected error has occurred".

Any ideas why I am unable to open the mail icon.?

ricardoespana 22:39 09 Mar 10

Have resolved this problem at last - many thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…