Domian May Be Worth A Lot

ktheed1 04:14 27 Jan 04

Hi, I have found a domain name that could be worth a lot of money i think and the .co.uk and .com is available i was wondering is there any way at all i could find out how much or even just a rough estimate if you wish to know what it is then please leave a note here and i will pm it to you as it is of adult nature, but the actual domain names are parked

Taran 09:06 27 Jan 04

If you suspect it may be worth something why not just buy the domain name[s] anyway ?

The cost of a .com and .co.uk combined will hardly break the bank and once you buy them you can attempt a resale as soon as they are registered.

The .co.uk will typically be far less desirable than a .com or .net address.

It's a tiny amount of money to invest so if you suspect there is any return in it I'd just go for it.

I have no idea how to find out the net worth of a domain that has not been registered but I wish you every success.

ktheed1 09:14 27 Jan 04

do you know of anyway i can check them now to see if they are worth anything

Jester2K 12:45 27 Jan 04

Put a page up asking for bids.

I don't think there's an equvialent of a domain estate agents yet!

The domain has only value to the person using it. If someone offers you 50p then thats all its worth to them.

But if some p0rn peddler rushes up to you with a promise of £10,000 then its worth that much at least....

Put a page up asking for bids...

Jester2K 12:46 27 Jan 04

Oh and don't you think that if anything already knew they were worth something they would already own them?

igk 12:59 27 Jan 04

Jester2K has hit the nail on the head! I tried this some 4 years ago,and landed up catching a cold over it,also reselling domains can be a legal minefield thanks to the Yanks assuming that the internet is their private property!! you need a lot of luck trying this sort of thing.
You could try advertising (carefully!) on the appropriate newsgroups that cover "adult Material".

phil 23:41 27 Jan 04

I'll buy it. What's it called? I'll pay a million squids whatever it is.

Please tell me, what is it?

gplatt2000 10:30 31 Jan 04

You can get an appraisel at click here, but it costs about £12. You can also advertise your domain with them, but again they take either 10% of the profit, or approx. £70 (their prices are all in Euros). Still its worth a look, and you can see how much similar domains are going for.

whatsupdoc 00:24 01 Feb 04

a few years ago now i bought the above domain for i think 10 pounds just because it was an easy name to remember. i was approached by another company and offered 1000 pounds. i thought why not so i sold but there was so much messing about it really wasn't worth it just for the time spent with the nightmare of selling something that really doesn't exist in reality.
but after a few months i got the check and a few weeks later i checked the address and it was never used and still isn't but if you think its worth something then try your luck and ask a really silly price for it and see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…