Domain Registry of America, - Fraud

thegreypanther 12:20 07 Jun 07

I have just received a letter from the "Domain Registry of America" (56 Gloucester Road, Suite 526, London SW7 4UB) requesting renewal payment for a domain name that I own.
I have received letters from these people (or this person) in the past, and as far as I am aware this is nothing but a full blown fraud.
The letter appears quite convincing, and has arrived at about the time that the domain name is genuinely due for renewal.
What I would like to know is whether there is any person or body to whom this letter should be reported, and does anybody care in the first place?
I will place this message in both the Web design forum and the Consumer Forum.

harristweed 12:25 07 Jun 07

try the Police...
click here

Sebastian Ereira 13:19 07 Jun 07

dear emnic

would you mind telling me your url so i can try and see who there are. I think that the Amercian Embassy is in 56 Gloucester Road, or near there,

thegreypanther 13:34 07 Jun 07

Sebastian

A contributor on the Consumerwatch Forum has found out that 56 Gloucester Road is home to a number of businesses, and the Domain Registry of America would appear to be a mailbox.
There is obviously no connection with the American Embassy.

Forum Editor 18:49 07 Jun 07

on the same subject, it creates confusion as people post similar responses in both threads. We'll go with the one in Consumerwatch and close this one now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…