domain registration

whatsupdoc 13:20 14 Feb 04

ive seen registrion with web and email forwarding for 3.75 per yr.

what are the pitfalls if i want an easier address. ive got 50mb of free space from ntl so all i want is web forwarding. ive looked at sites like 1 and 1 etc they look cheap and i wondered wheres the catch

Forum Editor 13:45 14 Feb 04

with some of them - certainly not with OneandOne, with whom I have a business account. They will register domain names quickly and inexpensively, and I can recommend their hosting service.

One of the problems sometimes associated with very cheap domain registrars is that it's extremely difficult to get them to part with the name, should you want to move it to a different name server. They want you to pay for additional services, once they have you safely on board with a parked domain name. Go for a reputable company like Oneandone and you'll noty go far wrong.

whatsupdoc 14:25 14 Feb 04

I'm very cynical and for someone to tell me its OK is great. my sister is taking a sabbatical and traveling around the world and wants a website for people to see whats shes up to. she will be in permanent contact via laptop and satellite phone but doesn't want to spend hours and fortunes on the phone so Will update every week on what shes up to during the week.

ill go and pay for the domain now before its gone.

I use for domain and email forwarding, £6 for 2 year's... I thought that was ace!

whatsupdoc 14:54 14 Feb 04

iull look into both tonight when i get home from work..

thanks for the replies

nick 16:20 14 Feb 04

I am very cynical myself, always looking for the catch.

I have been with them for eighteen months now, and still haven't found one.

spuds 19:06 14 Feb 04

I have used and recommended on many occassions 1&1. Never had any problems, and they offer a 1st class service. click here

whatsupdoc 20:38 14 Feb 04

i came to enter my card details on one and one .

i cant find anywhere on the site telling me my details are safe and secure, no verisighn or anything like that

stuc100 22:23 14 Feb 04

If all you want is a short name then try They offer click here. This can then be forwarded to your longer name. No email support though.

spuds 22:56 14 Feb 04

Just checked the site,its secure,https and padlock. You should have had the security alert warning before moving into secured area. I have an account with 1&1, and I have just registered another domain with no problems.

whatsupdoc 23:06 14 Feb 04

I'll register the domain with 1 and 1.

the site looks good but mail forwarding will be useful.
thanks for everyones help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…