Domain names and e-mail

Timjim 13:13 20 Dec 03

Is there a good review article about domain names and the pros and cons about obtaining one? I would like one for email use that my family can use, hopefully our [email protected] domain name. I do not have a business and do not want to create a website. I am a novice user and want to read about the subject before diving in.

Jester2K II 13:33 20 Dec 03

Companies like 1&1 click here will allow you to buy a Domain name. You don't have to have a website but you can have any e-mail sent to ANYTHING @ YOURDOMAINNAME . co . uk forwarded to a Hotmail account or the e-mail address your ISP gave you. You can pay extra to have an actual account set up with them but cheaper and easier to have it all forwarded to a Hotmail account instead. (This is what i do)

As you own the YOURDOMAINNAME . co . uk bit the first bit doesn't matter. Any mail sent to any address with the YOURDOMAINNAME . co . uk on it will come to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…