domain names

gell 09:58 12 Mar 04

Can anyone recommend a reputable firm from whom I can purchase a domain name and to host my site.
I am told to be careful who I deal with.

tomleady 10:16 12 Mar 04

oneandone seem to have a good reputation on here.(click here)

i use 123-reg (click here) to buy a domain, and hostdepartment .com for my hosting. it works fine and is pretty cheap.

Sir Radfordin 10:18 12 Mar 04

Not seen a bad word against 1&1, their service is amazingly good and considering the investment they have made (£15 million) I can't see them vanishing too soon.

Forum Editor 17:46 12 Mar 04

1&1 would be both reasonably priced and reliable.

BBez 22:00 12 Mar 04

the one i used, no problems for 9 months, so far... click here

Sapins 09:18 16 Mar 04

I tried to register a domain name with 1&1. As I am in France I could not do this on line so I sent them an e-mail a month ago to ask how I could register, I have had no reply!

I'll try 123-reg and see if they would like my business.

IClaudio 10:00 16 Mar 04

use tomleady's link to 1&1 up there ^^^? I've registered many names on their web site and it's quick and easy.

IClaudio 10:21 16 Mar 04

... my post was for you. I assumed that by 'on line', you meant 'phone' line - if you meant 'on the Web', then I apologize, but I don't understand why you can't go on-line because you're in France?

Sapins 13:57 16 Mar 04

Hi IClaudio, sorry for the mix-up, I did mean on the web, the problem is they will not let me register a domain name using their On-Line process without a UK address so I e-mailed them to ask if I could use a my brother-in-laws address in the UK. Still waiting for their response.

I think I'll forget it and try someone else.

IClaudio 16:53 16 Mar 04

...the mix up is entirely mine.

Yes, it's true that 1&1 require a UK address, but just give them your brother-in-law's (as long as he's happy to get correspondence - and a disc full of software!). They tell me there's no problem with that, just go ahead, you won't regret it...

whatsupdoc 18:34 16 Mar 04

i regularly buy names from them. i see a name i like and get it. for a fiver can't go wrong. I've got about 30 now. you never know , one day they might be worth more than i payed for them.
all was so easy. a friend lives in Le puy en velay and he registered using my address last week with no problems and they have replied to my emails in less than a working day always

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…