Domain name and web host

VNAM75 15:50 07 Mar 09

I searched on 123reg.co.uk click here&_$ja=kw:domain+name|cgn:123+Reg+Domains|cgid:201551576|tsid:4474|cn:123reg+domains+only|cid:4774586|lid:11750681|mt:Exact|nw:search|crid:2338748756|bku:1&gclid=CM2tg46SkZkCFYR_3god4kR9Zg for the domain name:

MyFirstnameMySurname.co.uk

The price is £5.98 for 2 years and includes 3 months webhosting which seems very good value. Do they normally charge a setup fee for domain names? I eventually want to use this domain name as a business site. Has anyone used them before?

Which web hosts are recommended? (after the 3 months is expired)? I only need a basic package to include 100mb web space and 1 or 2 email addresses. I don't want to pay more than £1.50 per month.

VNAM75 18:42 07 Mar 09

Thanks fourm member, I can read it fine. I'll forget about the 3 months offer and look for another. I don't know what happened with the url, I just copied and pasted as normal. Very strange.

You commented on one of my posts previously about not being to get your head around netobjects and you prefered expression web. The site I created was with netobjects 11 and its fine, and there's quite a lot of stuff you can do with it actually, including connecting to databases. I also tried dreamweaver & exp web (steep learning curve)and web easy(too basic) but settled on net objects.

I've heard of namo 8 which is not well known but has got good reviews. Anyone heard of it?

justjill 20:41 08 Mar 09

Hello.

We use Hostroute who give free basic web hosting when you buy a domain through them. You might want to have a look at that :)

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…