Domain Name Question

JayDay 10:12 16 Feb 05

I am interested in getting a domain name personal to my family with the intention of having email addresses for each member of the family. This will save the hassle of having to change email address when I switch ISP's. And will be a little more personal.

I am not interested in web space. I want to be able to collect the emails via my email program on my PC. Not particularly worried about accessing the emails via a website.

I guess I need to register the domain name and then find someone to host it. Any suggestions of cheap hosts that will allow me to collect email via OE/ Thunderbird?

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 10:17 16 Feb 05

click here;jsessionid=DD7DFCD2E173C4240B2F486D602D112C.TC33b?__frame=_top

On 1and1.co.uk they have instant mail for 69p per month.5 email addys 1gb inbox.

Have a look around first

click here

Is another one.

JayDay 10:22 16 Feb 05

Looked at 1&1 but you can only access the email via the web.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 10:23 16 Feb 05

Sorry i should have mentioned the domain costs 1.99 a year.

Do you just want email forwarding?

You can buy a domain for 1.99 from 1and1 then use there included mail forwarding system to forward the address to your isp.

when you change ISP you can then change the forwarded address.and if your ISP mail is rubbish you can get a gmail,yahoo,hotmail ect and forward it to that addy,then your freinds/family ect can still email you.

JayDay 10:27 16 Feb 05

The forwarding sounds good. When I send an email does it use my ISP's email address or my domain name one. Sorry for all the questions but I'm not to sure ofall this domain name stuff.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 10:35 16 Feb 05

You will have to send via your ISP mail.

JayDay 10:50 16 Feb 05

I have just checked the 1&1 site in more depth and it would appear you can get email via your email client.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 13:02 16 Feb 05

What are you going for then?

Ben.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…