domain name purchase

jonnytub 22:16 27 May 04

hi all, you can usually find me in the helproom forum, however i'm perplexed by the choice available to me when i type "buy a web address" into google. Can anyone recommend a reliable, inexpensive, non cost recuring (so many pounds now and the same amount yearly!!!) site that will deliver the goods no catches ?

jonnytub 22:18 27 May 04

Is frontpage actually any good for a novice like myself in terms of building a simple business orientated site?????

Forum Editor 23:23 27 May 04

as a non cost-recurring domain name purchase. If you buy a .co.uk name you'll have to renew your registration every two years - there's no escaping that, no matter who you buy from. In addition, if you want to run a site on the name you'll need a hosting package, and that will involve you in an annual charge, payable in advance. You can get free hosting of course - most ISPs will provide you with free space for a site, but this won't be much use to you if you are at all serious about running a commercial site.

FrontPage is an excellent application, particularly in its latest incarnation - FrontPage 2003 - but if you want to make use of the special components that FrontPage offers you'll need to run your site on a Windows server, so make sure you opt for this when selecting your hosting package.

My current recommendation as far as hosts are concerned would be
click here who will charge you £15 for a two-year registration of a .co.uk domain name, which isn't exactly going to break the bank - particularly if you're serious about running a commercial site.

jonnytub 13:38 28 May 04

I think i will go take up on your suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…