domain endings

SumKindaMonster 08:39 01 Mar 04

Please could you give me links to web forwarding providers taht are free im currently usign .tk but they seem a little slow

Taran 08:46 01 Mar 04

What exactly is it that you want to be able to do ?

In most cases you buy your domain name and either host it with a web host or have requests for it forwarded to a different address on another hosted account.

A bit more detail could help us point you in the right direction.

SumKindaMonster 08:48 01 Mar 04

i have my site hosted on my isp webspace and the address is really long i was wanting sumthign to mask it with till i can afford to buy a domain name

tomleady 09:25 01 Mar 04

click here

is that what you need?

SumKindaMonster 09:29 01 Mar 04

yes thats the kind of service i need but i want to know if there are any alternatives as .tk has been getting slow lately

Jester2K 09:41 01 Mar 04

If you are looking for a free service you might have a job on your hands. I bought my website address and forwarding service for about £6 for 2 years from 1&1 click here

Taran 09:43 01 Mar 04

You can get dedicated web hosting for as little as £30 or so per year. I'd suggest that course as your most efficient overall method and you'll get the benefits of MySQL, PHP support, your own cgi-bin and so on without messy URL masking or forwarding.

It's a host recommended by another forum member. I've not used them personally but their prices are incredible:

click here

All other methods of domain forwarding and URL masking become cumbersome and inconvenient to manage, not to mention having adverse effects for search egine indexing.

SumKindaMonster 09:47 01 Mar 04

hello again jester2k i was talking about sites with you before new years remember i had the flash site well i changed my mind and started working with html take alook at what i have now

click here

Taran 10:48 01 Mar 04

It's a nice looking site, without a doubt.

It's amazing how helpful Dreamweaver is for image swap effects and similar. Saves all that manual JavaScript coding.

I'd still suggest that an inexpensive dedicated web hosting package would be by far the most efficient method of running the site long term. As well as the features and support I mentioned above you could also have sales/support/webmaster/yourname @ webaddress.co.uk style email addresses for the group members [if necessary] ot anyone else who may need an email address with the site address as part of it.

It's far more professional and saves all of that messy yourname @ name_of_your_ISP.com style of email addressing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…