Doh....best webcam? again

bythor 20:21 26 Nov 06

My daughter has announced that she'd like a web cam from santa, so I thought I'd run it past the forum for ideas. I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest, nor the most expensive but don't mind paying a bit more for good quality. As well as the obvious good standard of pics for instant messaging (good in low light etc etc), I like the idea of motion sensing security type cameras. Has anyone got much experience or any to recommend? I know PCA reviewed an MSI one but it was a year ago and things may be better now.
thanks in anticipation

anskyber 20:28 26 Nov 06

In a way you are asking for different things which are required ti perform different functions.

In terms of pure web cams with good optics and good low light quality I can recommend this. It will be cheaper if you shop around on line.

click here

bythor 20:39 26 Nov 06

thanks for that. it doesn't mention the security software bit - do you know if it does it?

anskyber 14:08 27 Nov 06

No it is not as far as I am aware which is why I described it as a pure web cam. I have heard ofthese but I have no personal experience of them.

click here

crosstrainer 14:13 27 Nov 06

I have a new Philips SPC 210NC which comes complete with microphone (clip on type) and various software utilities such as voice recording, and a livecam application (cant speak for the software cause I don't use it) The image is fully adjustable and both picture and sound are good

amonra 14:19 27 Nov 06

I'm working with a Logitech Quickcam, good results and no problems from family abroad. Easy to set up and quality is quite good.

bythor 16:18 27 Nov 06

Thanks all for your help - now I just need to look around a get one.
cheers
bythor

Stuartli 16:40 27 Nov 06

Motion sensing (or time lapse) is done via software such as:

click here

A Creative VideoBlaster Webcam Plus I once had came with similar software at the time.

Some information on the subject:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…