doesnt recognise dvd/cd writer

Bodice 21:24 27 Sep 05

I reinstalled windows and now my dvd drive is now (I:) and my dvd/cd writer is (J:) and the dvdwriter doesnt recognise any discs in it, when i click to open the drive up it opens as if there is a blank disc in it, does anyone know why??????

De Marcus™ 21:53 27 Sep 05

Not really, without more info that is.

The drive letter is probably unimportant for now, try uninstalling the drive via it's IDE channel in device manager.

Bodice 23:54 27 Sep 05

thanks for the reply, im not really that good with pc's but if i do as you say do i then go through the add hardware proceedure to recover it?

De Marcus™ 00:01 28 Sep 05

No, you reboot and windows will automatically reinstall the drivers when it restarts, you may have to restart again for full functionality.

Bodice 00:00 29 Sep 05

I tried that and it still doesnt recognise a disc when i put one in. when i click on it, it opens as if there is a disc in there but when i try to write its asking for a disc its well weird.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…