Does yahoo mail have a virus?

puzzled2 12:51 27 Dec 09

Hi,

I have avast! anti-virus and use yahoo web mail. Today it tells me on logging in that there's a virus and advises me to abort the connection which I've done. I didn't open any emails or even look at my inbox, this happened on logging in. Everything was fine yesterday!

Malware name: HTML:Iframe-inf

It also tells me that it's blocked access to a malicious site.

Halmer 12:50 27 Dec 09

with Comodo running and no issues.

Halmer 12:51 27 Dec 09

;-O

mooly 13:10 27 Dec 09

No problems with Yahoo mail from early today... using Vista's own firewall and MSE.

provider 2 14:14 27 Dec 09

"this false positive will be corrected in new vps update in about 30 minutes. We are blocking ads from yieldmanager.com (by mistake because they were in our stats as distributor of Fake Antivirus websites)" click here

lotvic 14:40 27 Dec 09

thanks provider2, and I've fixed my yahoo mail so panic over (I hope) - it just goes to login page now and asks for ID and password. phew.
in future must think before I post

provider 2 15:43 27 Dec 09

No problem except, of course, for Avast and Yahoo but this yieldmanager thing is the cause of some understandable confusion.

WOT rating is very poor indeed: click here

puzzled2 15:45 27 Dec 09

the latest avast! update has now sorted the problem :) Thank you v much everyone :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…