Does this work with vista?

Simsy 21:08 13 Nov 07

A recent thread pointed to the following partitioning software, PartitionManager 2005, as being free;

click here

I'm about to help someone whose buying a laptop and I intend to use this... if it works on vista.
Can anyone confirm for me that it does? The indicated platforms don't inclde vista, but maybe that's because vista wasn't about when it was made available for download?

Also, while on the subject, does Office 2000 work on Vista?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Simsy

VoG II 21:22 13 Nov 07

Why do you want to partition?

SANTOS7 21:25 13 Nov 07

office 2000 is supposed to work, but your FREE download is a TIME LIMIT TRIAL only...

ventanas 21:33 13 Nov 07

I very much doubt it. In fact it may only create an expensive ornament. My Vista Inside Out book warns very strongly about using this kind of software if it predates Vista.

Simsy 22:33 13 Nov 07

to keep OS and data seperate, which makes back up of OS easier.

It's not time limited... see the note near the bottom of the page.

Thanks for the warning from your book. Does it give anything specific, or is it generic?

I assume vista is , (normally), installed onto a NTFS partition. Can someone confirm if that is so? If so I can boot from a bootable partitioning CD and work from that?

Regards,

Simsy

you dont need partition software for vista. you can add or remove partitions with vista o/s

Simsy 08:25 14 Nov 07

Thanks adman 2

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…