Does a website ...

Bob The Nob© 22:02 01 Mar 06

...with flashy content get more visitors. Some site with flash look better but load slower. So do you got with looks or speed?

ade.h 22:20 01 Mar 06

It'll get less visitors. Those who don't have the plugins often don't bother. Those who lack the time or patience won't bother. Search engines can't index Flash pages, so unless it is already an established site, it'll have a harder time getting off the ground.

mco 22:43 01 Mar 06

yep. Isn't there something called the three second rule? If you can't get what you want in three seconds you go elsewhere? Certainly if you have to hang on while they are 'uploading.....' then I will clear off elsewhere. And what about those poor guys still on dial up?

mco 22:45 01 Mar 06

I meant - go with speed , not looks - if it loads quicker, then that's what counts for getting someone even to give it a chance. Might be the 'flashiest' flash site ever but if it takes an age to load people will be off. Just my opinon.

Gadget Manager 16:54 02 Mar 06

Just that flash, as in a bit spivvy and over the top like a flash car, might look good but does it always perform?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…