Does Vista support XAMPP?

K*B 18:35 PM 29 May 13

Hello friends, does MS Vista Home Basic support XAMPP? I just want to be sure before installing XAMPP on my laptop which runs on Vista Home Basic. Thanks.

Taff™ 08:01 AM 30 May 13

XAMMP Information It appears so!

K*B 19:59 PM 30 May 13

Thanks!

K*B 22:17 PM 07 Jun 13

Hello Taff, I tried to install XAMPP on my laptop running vista but it refused to accept it. The error returned was that some ports required for the installation were already in use etc. I tried the installation on another pc running XP Pro and the error message was: "Ports 80 or 443 (SSL) already in use! Installing Apache 2.2 service failed". So again, XAMPP failed to install. What am I missing? I used the installation wizard as should be the case. Pls help. Thanks.

Taff™ 23:20 PM 07 Jun 13

Thanks Lazarus The 2nd - spot on.

I forget that I turned User Account Control (UAC) off after a month of owning this Vista computer and I swear by it now! (As I used to with my XP Pro machine as well ... ho hum!)

If that doesn't work K*B post back, there's two of us watching your back now!

K*B 22:21 PM 09 Jun 13

What about XP? Doesn't it have any port conflicts? And these error messages with Vista, don't they also apply to XP? Thanks.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites