Does using compatible toner damage your printer?

paulloseby 14:35 25 Jun 06

Is it a ploy by printer manufacturers for them to tell you that using a compatible toner will damage your printer and certainly invalidate the guarantee?
I have recently bought a Magicolor 2400W which is brilliant but as with all laser printers, the replacement toner cartridge prices are astronomical. I really would like to know if it is safe to use compatible toners and if anyone can recommend a reliable company who supply a good toner, I would really appreciate it.
Many thanks

€dstowe 15:16 25 Jun 06

I get laser toner from these people click here

Follow their recommendations.

woodchip 15:22 25 Jun 06

Belatucadrus 15:22 25 Jun 06

click here

click here

I've been using CartridgeCo toner in my Samsung ML-1210 for years without any problems, I need to change the drum now as the print is getting a bit faded, but after four or five refills that's only to be expected.

jakimo 15:26 25 Jun 06

Ive used this supplier for 4 years without any problems

click here

pj123 15:39 25 Jun 06

Don't have a laser printer but do have a Canon copier. This in to my postings.

spuds 16:14 25 Jun 06

Self refills are far more economical, compatibles if you have a good supplier. When I purchased my Samsung laser and Canon photocopiers, I converted straight away to self refills, and never had any problems since.

What damage can it cause, possibly a smudge copy, that's about all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…