does tweeking the dns server address speed my internet

wrongtunes 05:21 AM 16 Nov 11

Hi, I read this article and I was wondering if it actually works. I read a news about a Google-led consortium working on multiplying internet speed worldwide so I was wondering if this is actually working already.

mgmcc 22:04 PM 16 Nov 11

Try it and see!

I have in the past used the Open DNS server addresses, but cannot say that I found accessing web sites to be noticeably faster than with my own ISP's DNS servers.

me_mighty 16:56 PM 16 Dec 11

so is it possible even I also wnat to know about this try to search everywhere but unable to find any help by the way on the way i found this site http://forums.techarena.in/tips-tweaks/1299791.htm look helpful

please reply back

mgmcc 21:05 PM 17 Dec 11

I think I've already answered the question. "Yes" using alternative DNS servers works, but I personally didn't find a significant improvement in performance by using the OpenDNS addresses rather than those allocated by my ISP.

If your own ISP has poorly performing DNS servers, then there might be an improvement. As previously, try it and see - only you can determine whether or not you experience an improvement in performance.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…