Does spam come in waves?

Diemmess 13:36 17 Dec 06

Just wondered?

Over the past month or so with no signicant changes to anything, while running BB with Aol the spam that comes in has varied from 20+ per day to nil.

This is in addition to an efficient spam blocker which blocks around 200+ in the same time, but keeps them there for 24hrs so that I can look to see if anything should be resurrected.

So these figures were valid about 4 weeks ago, followed by a sharp drop to the point where I wondered if some genuine email was filtered out! There was in fact nothing genuine in the spam folder.

After about a week it all started to build again back to the level of a month ago. So my question is -

Do others find spam nuisance comes in waves, or in a steady stream as I used to believe.

p;3 14:11 17 Dec 06

one of my addresses gets it in waves; I am due for another batch of the 'ridiculous' shortly::))

audeal 14:14 17 Dec 06

I have noticed over a period of time that it seems to come all at once and then slows down and sometimes even stops. I have not had any for a couple of days now but it should restart in a day or two. Mailwasher is a must if you want to keep it under control.

Diemmess 18:21 17 Dec 06

That's two who think it comes in waves.
Any other opinions?

VoG II 18:23 17 Dec 06

I think that they are at random. As random events do not occur evenly spaced temporally but in clusters they appear to arrive in waves.

That's my theory anyway ;o)

Diemmess 09:23 18 Dec 06

Like death and taxes it seems spam is part of an Internet connection.
As long as it is tens rather than hundreds and occasionaly none at all I can live with that.

This morning I 'reported' 14 which had crept in past the Aol filter and see there are 233 in the spam folder, split roughly half and half between yesterday and today so far.

The optomist in me says spam rate is declining at the moment.

|o) Zzzzzzzzz.z...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…