does someone have acer 3000/5000 recovery cds?

OzzYMad 22:52 17 Sep 07

Hi.. maybe someone already seen my posts Im trying to recover my laptop(acer aspire 3000) and Im facing troubles cuz I dont have one of the disks, I have the 3 recovery disks but I havent got the first bootable system disk which will let me recover the system, if someone got the disk and would like to help me.. maybe uploading it or sharing on a torrent ?
I tried to find it on web but did not get any answer .. and acer support is rubbish I tried to contact them and get no answers at all...
thanks in advance for any help..

ps : I tried to open the images myself, as I know the 3 recover disks contain norton ghost image I maked norton ghost bootable cd and when I tried to open the imagens it asked me a password, and the 6 zeros, acer default password for erecovery, doesnt works, it seems the files are protected, so I may need the first bootable cd ...
why do I want to recover? because it contains the windows xp home OEM which came with my laptop and its original so Ill be able to manage updates via windows update, and Im totally against piracy.

thanks and sorry for my bad english.
;)

OzzYMad 22:55 17 Sep 07

one more consideration : yes, I know all the stuff about the ALT + F10 on startup, but I've changed the hard disk thats why I cant manage erecovery, cuz I have the pqservice partition no more, my only way to recover my system to it defaults is using the 3 cd's recovery set, thats why I need urgent the bootable system cd... an .iso image is gonna help me to sort it out

acefox 14:29 20 Sep 07
  woodchip 14:49 20 Sep 07

If you removed the Recovery Partition, and the old drive is dead. You may as well throw the Recovery disc's in the Bin as they are now no good to you

woodchip 14:53 20 Sep 07

If you still have the old Working Hard Drive, Refit it then use Acronis True Image to create a Image of all the drive to DVD's. You can then fit the New drive and restore the entire Image that you created.

Unless you have two other drives, then you fit one as Slave and copy to that drive.

OzzYMad 19:34 20 Sep 07

Hi dude I think we can help to each other, I give u an image of disk 3 and u give me an image of first system bootable CD, I've sent u email and added u to messenger ...
thanks

OzzYMad 19:35 20 Sep 07

hi dude thanks for answering.. I havent got the old drive =/ but now I think Ill sort my problem out with the help of acefox we can exchange the images via some website, ftp or whatver... and burn the cds...
thanks anyway :)

tullie 20:02 20 Sep 07

As Woodchip says,recovery discs no good on new drive,and someone elses discs wont help,at least i dont think so.

OzzYMad 20:24 20 Sep 07

well Ill give it a try I need only bootable system cd and he need the last disk of the recover image maybe it works...
Im not sure but I wrote e-mail to acer they said me if I have the complete disk set I'm able to recover it on a new hard drive..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…