Does sfc /scannow clear the unused space on C:

rawprawn 17:48 17 Jan 07

I have recently tried to help a friend, and used sfc /scannow to fix his problem. He then told me that he had deleted some photos that he wanted to recover. I used "Restore" to look but found all of C: deleted. (A.) is there a work round? (B.)Can I recover them without paying.
I know the usual Disc Recovery and Smart Recovery, which I will try. Meantime any pointers?

rawprawn 17:57 17 Jan 07

When I say "Restore", I mean the undelete program
which I have always found very good.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:59 17 Jan 07

Sfc only replaces corupt system files and has no effect on data files, pictures, programs, or disk space.

Stuartli 18:04 17 Jan 07

sfc /scannow replaces corrupt or missing files in Windows File Protection.

Hard drive and files recovery freeware (and shareware) at:

click here

or try click here

rawprawn 18:21 17 Jan 07

That is strange, because I have just run sfc on my own computer, the tried to recover files using "Restoration" (sorry I put "Restore" in my original post)It shows the drive wiped, showing 0000000000000000
I am well aware of other recovery programs, and I will have to try some different programs. It will be tomorrow before I can do this.

skew 18:47 17 Jan 07

Not a query, just for information

Have tried to use sfc/ scannow. It asks me to insert the Xindows XP Pro disk. I only have Windows XP Home and when I insert this it tells me I have wrong disk in.

Alex

VoG II 18:53 17 Jan 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…