Does PCA poll detect multiple votes?

Harrier man 10:36 28 Jan 05

I have often wondered how the PCS poll ensures fair play. Does it detect more than one vote from the same computer? What if more than one family member wants to vote? How does it work?

Sethhaniel 10:42 28 Jan 05

you will no longer have the option to vote again
you can view results but can't add another vote - probably one per log-in account ;)

Mango Grummit 10:45 28 Jan 05

This question has been asked many times and the answer is that PCA relies entirely on honesty and spirit of fair play.

temp003 10:45 28 Jan 05

I'm only guessing, so those techies out there please don't shout at me for being stupid. I think it works by way of cookies. After you vote, you get a cookie placed on your computer, and you won't be able to vote again.

You can vote again by logging on to another user account, or even on the same account by simply removing the previous cookie.

Results may not be completely accurate, but one assumes people are being sensible about it.

Sethhaniel 12:40 28 Jan 05

just cleared internet history & temp files and re logged in and the options there to vote again.

Harrier man 14:35 28 Jan 05

Thanks. So can anyone personally recommend a site or where to go for the code that could provide me with a polling feature that automatically displays the results.

I know I could create this manually with forms and add up the email replies by hand but I don't know very much about php, cgi-bin scripts and I know nothing about planting cookies on other people's machine.

Sethhaniel 21:54 29 Jan 05

search for JAVA Applets - there will be one of those that will probably do the job for you ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…