Does PC Doctor identify hardware faults?

BRFCIDB 22:06 12 Oct 06

If I run PC Doctor will it identify a faulty part on the otherboard?

Thanks

DieSse 22:11 12 Oct 06

click here this one possibly will.

click here this one certainly won't.

What fault do you think you might have on your motherboard - or why do you think you have a hardware fault at all? Let us know more, and you may get more useful help.

BRFCIDB 22:16 12 Oct 06

have a HP Media Center thats 2 years old, it keeps hanging every 6-8 hours. I have taken it into 2 local computers stores, one charged me £30 but didn't manage to repair it. They swapped all parts except the Motherboard. The second shop said they found a faulty BIOS reading and it may be the motherboard. However it's exclusive to HP. I have looked on HP wedsite and their local authorised repair center is in Leed.They said it's £165 call out and £55 for each half an hour, plus parts. This would mean if it is the motherboard (£120) it would cost me £360. This seems a lot and although the unit is high spec and cost £800 2 years ago, I could buy this spec for £450 now. Any advise on how I could get it done cheaper?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:18 12 Oct 06

click here

duplicate

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:23 12 Oct 06

If your motherboard or BIOS were faulty, it is extremely unlikely that the PC would boot at all.

the fact that its is ok for 6-8 hours indicates a possible heat / voltage problem Speedfan click here
will show you what temperatures your CPU , case and Har drives are getting to.

DieSse 22:29 12 Oct 06

Fruit Bat /\0/\ s suggestion is a good place to start.

*The second shop said they found a faulty BIOS reading*

And what was the "faulty BIOS reading"?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…