Does Onspeed really speed up a slow broadband connection?

Wendy 12:59 18 Apr 15

Does Onspeed really work? I have Windows 7, broadband speed of less than 1mbps.

I use AVG Tune Up, and I have an ethernet cable plugged, via a device, into an electrical socket, with matching situation upstairs to try to speed up rather than relying on the wifi. BT socket is downstairs, desktop computer upstairs, but things are no faster on my tablet downstairs.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:53 18 Apr 15

Onspeed will compress parts of the web page before downloading to you and decomprees on your PC.

So only certain types of web pages will appear to load faster. Overal its unlikely to do much.

What is your internet service provider? / how far away from the exchange? urban or rural area.

There are many reasons for poor BB may be its a line fault or bad BT socket or filters.

Wendy 08:59 21 Apr 15

I use BT which has just upgraded the exchange to infinity (that's why I changed to BT from Virgin), but I am about 4 miles away and as yet they haven't extended it to here. I've been on to BT about it but no-one will give me a straight answer as to whether our broadband will be upgraded or not. Some people here have got something called Quickline which has nothing to do with phone lines, and works from an ariel on the roof. I am considering that, but waiting to see if BT come up with faster broadband first. (Less hassle).

Wendy 09:04 21 Apr 15

PS Maybe I could try Opera. Currently I use Chrome. Is Opera all right on Windows?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…