Does my Gateway have a Firewall installed?

parkhead 17:39 24 Oct 08

Hello,

I have a trusty old Gateway which has provided sterling service over the years and is still chugging away. It runs on Windows Millennium (and coal). I recently installed Skidzy's list of recommended protective software to keep things running smoothly. Problem is, I don't know if it has a Firewall installed and I don't know how to find out. Help, as always, would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, on my main computer the icons for Avast show 7 providers - 6 running. However, on the Gateway it shows 6 providers - 5 running. Is there any explanation for this?

Many thanks.

brundle 19:37 24 Oct 08

It will only have one if you installed one. Kerio, ZoneAlarm, Comodo there are others. There will be an icon in the system tray near the clock. As for Avast, there is an additional Network protection element for Windows NT machines (2000/XP/Vista) which is not available for 9x (95/98/ME) machines.

parkhead 20:10 24 Oct 08

Thanks, Brundle. Unfortunately, it appears that Kerio, Zonealarm and Comodo do not work with Windows ME. Any other options?

Many thanks.

brundle 20:46 24 Oct 08

I used to install Kerio 2.15 on older machines - of course it's out of date now but better than nothing. click here

Or there's Outpost click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac