Does Memory Stick Pro work in a MS reader

as400man 14:42 12 Jan 06

I have a 4in1 memory card reader which takes Memory Stick. Will this also work with Memory Stick Pro as I am buying a camera using this type of stick which is new to me and I would like to know if I have to buy a new reader.

Thanks for your help.

PaulB2005 14:46 12 Jan 06

Make and model?

click here

"..most devices that use the original Memory Stick form factor support both the original Memory Sticks and the Pro Sticks; some readers that were not compatible could be upgraded to Memory Stick Pro support via a Flash ROM Update."

SG Atlantis® 14:47 12 Jan 06

they look the same

click here

as400man 15:00 12 Jan 06

Thanks both. I do not know what make of reader it is (it's at home) but it came bundled with an Acer laptop. It goes in the PCI slot and I don't think it has a maker's name but I'll check this evening. Thanks once again.

Not necessarily, I had a card reader which took memory stick but would not read Memory stick pro or pro duo (even in the little adapter case)mind you a replacement is so cheap (check out Ebuyers own brands) that I don't think it will cause you any probs!!

as400man 17:59 12 Jan 06

It's just that it goes into the PCI slot and frees up a USB on my laptop. And I've never used it so I'd like to get something out of it if possible:) But I get your drift - not the biggest problem on this site!!

Thanks to you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…