Does Itunes duplicate music on my PC?

kenwyn 10:16 27 Sep 08

My 30Gb Ipod has 16Gb worth of music on it. All my music on my PC is on my F drive, listed by album. Also on my F drive is the Itunes folder which appears to contain a further list of all my music. My F drive is 80Gb, and has 20Gb free space, which means (apart from a few other types of file), my F drive has approx 60Gb worth of music -yet my Ipod has only 16Gb
My question therefore is whenever I copy an album into the itunes library, is it exactly that? - a copy?. I notice when I click 'get info' from within Itunes, the source is the 'original' location of the music, ie F drive/mymusic..etc.
It would be useful to know the answer, so I can possibly delete at least one of the versions of each album to possibly free up space - cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…