Does inserting the windows installation disc delete all of data on drive?

danpurman 06:03 05 Mar 15

Toshiba Laptop will not boot. Asking to insert windows installation disk to repair. screen shot below error: 0xc000000f

I have the windows installation discs/recovery but have not retreived all the data yet. Will inserting the disc automatically delete all the data on the drive or will it simply attempt to repair the issue and keep the data on the drive? I am hoping to just get it operational to recover the data with least cost/time expense possible.

IMG_0762.jpg

pravinkumar1 07:34 05 Mar 15

May be its your cd problem, some of the files has been missed in the cd so, its not able to boot correctly. try to use any other original cd of windows try to install again, by installation it will not format the driver easily, it will make a copy of old os and later any time you can restore the old os.

bumpkin 10:33 05 Mar 15

It will not delete all of your data if you run the Start Up Repair option as opposed to a clean instal. It has been suggested by another member here that running it several times is worth trying if it fails to work initialy.

woodchip 12:55 05 Mar 15

Is it a Manufacturers CD or MS CD as if its the former it may be a full restore disc, that would wipe your drive.

bumpkin 13:20 05 Mar 15

What OS are you using. I think but don't know that the error code is registry related in which case a repair may well fix it. If you do not get the repair option then don't continue with the instal or you will lose your data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5