Does Goback still cause dual boot problems

Leshy 22:35 30 Jun 05

Before installing Norton Goback from Systemworks 2005 I decided to read various internet sites that mentioned Goback problems. There is a warning on a few of them that Goback does not work with dual boot systems and I have one of those. The trouble is that a lot of the comment on Goback dates back over 3 or 4 years previous to 2005 and I don't know if the latest version, which I think is Goback version 4, will safely operate with a dual boot ME/XP OS. There is no mention of this problem in the manual or on the Symantec site that I can find.
Any positive advice on this programme is welcome.

Leshy 19:51 03 Jul 05

but discovered Goback is supposed to work if it is installed first on ME and then on XP. Uses a lot of disk space though.

acein1 21:18 03 Jul 05

leshy.
when you first install "goback".you have the option to "custom install",in other words to set the size (ammount of drive space ),that you want for go back, the default size is much to big,(i cant remember as ive not used it for some time)when i used it i set the size to 800mb, and found that to be quite sufficiant, hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…