does the forum not resolve issues anymore

bobbybluenose 21:16 07 Jul 08

whats happened to the green tick, i find it rather frustrating that a number of our members are not responding in a correct manner OK post your thread get all the advice the dedicated members give , so show a little courtesy and tick the envelope when you feel your thread as being answered YES i could have posted this elsewhere on the forum but as the help room is one of the most visited i feel this is the most appropriate place.

woodchip 21:22 07 Jul 08

Well we cannot twist there arm

bobbybluenose 21:28 07 Jul 08

unfortunately not ,just trying to point them in the right direction

hawthorn59 21:35 07 Jul 08

I once tried to do that and it wouldnt work (well obviously I was doing something wrong).

I ticked the box, but then what do you do? Do you hit Post Response and leave a blank message? Do you write an answer, then tick box and post,or what?

h

woodchip 21:36 07 Jul 08

You just tick the box the click the go button

bobbybluenose 21:41 07 Jul 08

click the box then click resolve its as simple as that.

bobbybluenose 21:44 07 Jul 08

marg7 yes this caught me out when i first joined the forum but after a couple of errors soon figured it out.

howard64 05:58 08 Jul 08

I generally give an idea of what solved the problem or that I have given up - post that and then click in the resolved box and post that - it works for me.

crosstrainer 06:37 08 Jul 08

To be more of an issue than it used to be. I think people are confused by the process required.

1) Create a post saying that the issue is resolved.

2) Place a tick in the box which says resolved.

And this is the bit I think is causing confusion:

Click the larger Resolved button at the bottom of the page.

ronalddonald 07:03 08 Jul 08

most peole dont because they wnt as many answers as possible to any computer situation.

But i agree with bobbyblue that they all members should tick resolve,may be the FE can makecomputer program that ticks problems reolved after lets say every two months or may be employ somone to do just that.

The othr problem is many memebrs are to plain lazy to move their mouse over and tick resolved

jimmybond 10:08 08 Jul 08

"may be employ somone to do just that...."

>>employ somebody to go round ticking threads in the PCA forum as resolved!?! would this be a full time post with benefits & pension scheme??

don't be silly - fair enough you can try and get people to tick threads as 'resolved', but it's hardly going to bring the forum crashing down in a tagled mess of confusion if they don't. Threads disappear off the front page of the helproom within a day or so anyhow...after which time nobody replies it seems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017