//some 3rd party need geo

Does a Firewire card need a driver

pj123 17:16 03 Oct 04

A friend wants to connect his digital camcorder to the PC to upload from the camera to hard disk and eventually to DVD. Maplins told him what he needed and he bought the kit (a PCI to Firewire card and cable). When he connects his digicam though, nothing happens. I told him I think he should have an install CD for the card, but he says he never got one. He is running Win98SE on a Duron 1200 processor and PC Chips LMR810 motherboard.

Valvegrid 17:22 03 Oct 04

Yes, he probably will for 98SE, but probably not for XP. Have you had a look at the makers site, they may have the driver there.

Valvegrid 17:24 03 Oct 04

By the way, I don't want to pour cold water on it, but I could never get my Firewire working in 98SE, but my Linux picked it up :-(

pj123 17:37 03 Oct 04

Thanks for your response Valvegrid, but I am not at his house anymore so don't know who the maker is but will pass the info on to him.

pj123 15:04 30 Oct 04

Not getting anywhere with this as my "friend" has not been in touch with me since this posting.

I will tick this thread as resolved until I get/or not get more info.

Thanks so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…