DOES CREATING A PARTITION DELETE DATA?

rotormota 09:04 03 Dec 09

Hi,

I want to create a partition on a secondary 300gb hd within my VHPMC PC. It only contains a folder of third party software, no OS or similarly vital components. Using Easeus Partition Master will the afore mentioned folder be erased during the partition process?

Many thanks.
J

Technotiger 09:07 03 Dec 09

I have not used Easeus, but if it is similar to Partition Magic, then your data should be safe and still there after partitioning.

canarieslover 09:21 03 Dec 09

I have used Easeus and found it to be fairly simple to use and will not destroy the data providing you have quite a bit more free space on the drive than the partition that you want to create. Having said this, all partitioning software does recommend backing up before using it.

skeletal 09:24 03 Dec 09

Theoretically, creating, resizing and merging partitions should not erase or corrupt any data. However, given it is a computer, and software is involved, things could go wrong.

Thus, where data you have is vital, it is always a good idea to back it up before doing anything.

Skeletal

rotormota 09:52 03 Dec 09

Thanks, very helpful. I want to install Windows 7 on the created clean partition so hopefully it will work. By the way- 'given it is a computer, and software is involved, things could go wrong' LOL! I know exactly what you are saying!

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…