Does BT really upgrade their exchanges?

CurlyWhirly 20:10 23 Sep 04

I have noticed that my broadband connection slows down at certain times of the day and having browsed this forum I discovered this website at click here and when I type my telephone number in I have the following information:

"Status: Red
(Code 1:1)

Most Virtual Circuits to your local exchange are running at capacity at peak times, this will result in a slowdown of your connection, browsing and download speeds. BT are aware of the issue and are in the process of increasing capacity to this exchange.
The information for your exchange was last updated: 2004-08-03 13:38"

I have been monitoring this information weekly and it never seems to change!
I wonder whether this website ever gets updated or whether BT ever increase capacity at the exchange?!

johnnyrocker 20:18 23 Sep 04

you may well find more information if you click here, is your isp bt?

CurlyWhirly 20:20 23 Sep 04

My ISP is AOL.

CurlyWhirly 20:24 23 Sep 04

I do use 'ADSL guide' but on the website I can't see any link or information to Exchange Capacity.

johnnyrocker 20:26 23 Sep 04

i was thinking more along the lines of the forums on there as they seem to have a comprehensive amount of info re bt issues etc.

CurlyWhirly 20:27 23 Sep 04

I will take a look at the forums.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…