Does AVAST have a built in firewall ?

Brumas 22:11 19 Sep 05

Maybe the information I require is eluding me but I have searched and cannot seem to find it. Does AVAST have a built in firewall, if not, what is recommended?

Not being very 'computerate' I have used Panda Platinum Internet Security Suites now for a couple of years as it is quite user-friendly, contains all the requisite bits, does what it says on the box and updates daily - generally without much intelligent imput from me. However lately it has been playing up so I thought I would switch to AVAST as it seems to be so highly regarded on the forum - hence the firewall question.

Thanks in advance

A very bewildered Brumas

DieSse 22:14 19 Sep 05

No, it doesn't.

Personally I use Sygate - but Kerio is very well regarded, and Zone Alarm has lot's of proponents.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:14 19 Sep 05

No its just Anti virus and very good.

Firewalls :-
Filesclab click here
Jetico click here
Kerio4 click here
Netveda click here
Nrt firewall 2.0.1 click here
Outpost free click here
R-firewall click here
Securepoint click here
Softperfect click here
Sygate click here
Wyvernworks click here
ZoneAlarm click here

Have used Zone alarm til recently (network probs)
now have Kerio on 1 PC and Sygate on another both perform well.

DieSse 22:16 19 Sep 05

PS - I also should say that I use NOD32 for AV click here It's the best, fastest, least system overhead you can get. See The Virus Bulletin for impartial tests.

Not free, but IMO well worth the modest price. Free 30 day trial available.

Brumas 22:27 19 Sep 05

One more little question. When installing Panda everything was setup together - is it quite easy to setup AVAST and,SYGATE for example so that they 'speak' to each other and work in harmony ?

DieSse 22:43 19 Sep 05

They don't need to do so - they have different functions, and work independantly.

Brumas 23:04 19 Sep 05

Thanks DieSse and Fruit Bat /\0/\ ,when I am sufficiently annoyed with Panda I shall implement your suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…