Does ANYONE in the WORLD know what the colours

AngeTheHippy 10:10 13 Feb 05

mean in RegEdit please? And if an entry is removed, (but u back it up before deletion), how to reinstate it if something goes wrong?

ta

AngeTheHippy
xx

AngeTheHippy 10:11 13 Feb 05

I mean of course, REGSEEKER! REGSEEKER!

AngeTheFedUpHippy 8(

xx

BRYNIT 10:20 13 Feb 05
  Gongoozler 10:33 13 Feb 05

Hi AngeTheHippy. In RegSeeker a green entry means that (as far as the writer of RegSeeker knows) the item is definitely safe to remove. Red means that it is probably safe to remove. However I have never had problems deleting the whole lot.

I have never yet had to restore a RegSeeker deletion, but from scanning with Google I understand that, (possibly in Safe Mode if thats the only way to open Windows), you find the appropriate backup file in the RegSeeker folder, double click it and, because it is a .reg file, it will install itself into the registry.

AngeTheHippy 10:47 13 Feb 05

Brynit - I posted a thread the other day, on the same subject - at least this has got YOUR attention, I got very little input from the last thread. I do however, agree with you...8-} - but humans being what they are, curiosity makes them (and you) open this thread to see what it was all about.

Gongoozler, thank you - yeah, It **sort of** makes sense, which is what I expect the compilers of regseeker thought the users would realise, but it would have been nice if they had included even a small help file! I've e-mailed them but the message was returned as non deliverable...mmmm.

Anyway, I've deleted the whole lot and backed them up. Not re-started PC yet, if I have probs, well - let's wait and see shall we?

AngeTheHippy
xx

Eargasm 11:20 13 Feb 05

I have been using regseeker for ages now with no problems, i always delete everything it finds in "clean the registry".

It saves a backup before deleting, and to restore this just double click a file in the backup folder and it will ask you if you want to restore to the registry.

One thing i always do before running regseeker is to run clean-up from click here as it gets rid of hundreds of prefetch entries that regseeker picks up.(in fact it's worth running cleanup after every internet session as it frees up loads of space)

I think colour icon just displays a list of installed colour schemes, not to sure what it's for as you say a small help file would of been nice, but maybe someone else will know.

AngeTheHippy 16:29 19 Feb 05

OK, thats good. Using RegSeeker now, and it seems to be doing the job!

AngeTheHippy
xxx

Dan the Confused 16:39 19 Feb 05

click here

Didn't I already say this?

sattman 17:15 19 Feb 05

An excellant tool which I have used many times
However, sorry to have to kill some of the enthusiasm on this much used software but a word of caution which might eliminate a few help requests to the forum. Speaking from experience Regseeker can be unselective and very destructive, use with caution. Obviously this is not a problem as long as you have the original software to repair the damage.

And of course unless you check all your software after the edit, problems are not be found until weeks later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now