//some 3rd party need geo

Does anyone use the search facility?

Totally-braindead 23:56 05 May 04

The reason I ask is the same questions appear time and again, for example homepage hijacked. Now I've no objections at all to helping anyone if I can but if someone with a problem used the search they could probably find what they want, then if the advice didn't work they could start a new posting saying they'd tried such and such, that didn't work and ask for any more ideas to solve the problem. I suppose this is a bit of a moan but I don't really mean it that way, I'm just wondering if people notice the search facilty and if they do know its there do they use it? After all if the problem has already been solved surely it far quicker to read a couple of postings rather than waiting for someone to help.

end 23:59 05 May 04

I though many people had been having trouble WITh the search facility..????

The Spires 23:59 05 May 04

Thre have been lots of 'Does anyone use the search facility' threads too. ;-)

crx1600 00:00 06 May 04

the search hasn't been working properly since 18/03/04,

only threads created before that date are found.

bvw in bristol 00:01 06 May 04

Try entering "Search and Facility" in the box to find this thread.

turnip 60 00:01 06 May 04

I always try the search fascility first but i have only ever had the reply that Nothing matches my problem

Totally-braindead 00:05 06 May 04

The Spires I tried a search for search as it were before I started this thread and couldn't see anything since last year but as crx1600 has pointed out the search facility isn't working properly which I didn't know.

GaT7 00:31 06 May 04

I use it at times but it's so unreliable I tend to forget it's there. Obviously PCA needs to remedy this problem, which I'm sure they're aware of & will do so in due course. Posts like these will hopefully 'nag' them into doing something sooner. G

Andybear 07:26 06 May 04

I'm the same as all the above. I recently did a search for a thread which was going a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find it, though I knew it was there.

Sethhaniel 08:19 06 May 04

click here

won't even find own postings - and havn't the time to put every amalgamation of words to find post that's not related to subject at hand
Quicker to just type question - and even if NEGATIVE response its much quicker that searching

Sethhaniel 08:55 06 May 04

entering key words from the recent postings and drawn a blank every time
So why bother with it?????!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…