Does anyone use 'Incredimail2' free version?

Graphicool1 12:31 23 Nov 10

Hi All, when 'Incredimail2' became available as an update for those who had purchased incredimail, but NOT users of the free version. As a user of IncredimailXe free, I thought I would like to try it, so I did. It installed over my existing Xe, I tried it and didn't like one or two things. So I decided to go back to Xe. However, when I asked Incredimail how to go about that, they told me I couldn't. In effect I was stuck with it, however, with a bit of fiddling I managed to do ~ what they seemed to think was ~ the impossible.

Now it is available to download for free and I am wondering if the things that made me revert to Xe are still evident and if so can they now be overidden?

A feature that I use frequently to clear out some of the email's in my folders, namely by pressing and holding 'Ctrl' + 'Alt' in conjuction with the down arrow on the keyboard key pad. Highlight's as many email's I want, then I can delete them with just one click. This wasn't available on 'Inc2'. Is it now?

I seem to remember an annoying dancing pencil or eraser, that wasn't able to be switched off?

Can you still 'Bounce' deleted email's?

Finally, if I try it again and still don't like it, can I now revert back to Xe without having to lose some of my email's to do so?!

I haven't been able to find the answers to all/any of these questions on Incredimail.

birdface 14:24 23 Nov 10

Got another update for Incredimail yesterday which I refused.
I have been using it for about 6 years now and all I can say it is slowly getting to the point where I will be removing it completely.
I would stick with what you have at the moment until someone says the new update is Ok.

Graphicool1 15:41 23 Nov 10

Yes I think you're right, I'll play the waiting game a little longer then. Cheers G1

birdface 15:42 23 Nov 10

Pressing ctrl-Alt and pressing the down arrow does not highlight the mail.
Dancing pencil still there.
Add senders domain to blocked senders list is there.

birdface 15:45 23 Nov 10

No bounce sender that I can see.

Graphicool1 16:30 23 Nov 10

Thanx for looking. Like you I've been using it for years and apart from one minor hiccup, I've been very pleased with it. Then they 'in their limited wisdom' decide it's time to mess around with it. I'm glad I asked before taking the ultimate leap of faith!

The minor hiccup is that when I write and send an email it is compiled in 14 point. Nomatter who receives it, it is always received in 18 point?! It has always been the same, through every upgrade and reinstal. I've always thought that one day I'd get an update that would put this right. I guess that day will never come now.

birdface 17:54 23 Nov 10

They download some other programs with it.
One has a clock on it but I can't remember what it was for.
And also 10 bit registry program.
Also want you to download their toolbar and make incredimail your home page.
Also instead of seeing your mail program when starting you get their home page.
Not sure I want to go through all that by downloading their new update.
My Emisoft says it is a Trojan Downloader and tries to remove part of it
Whatever customers they had I bet they are loosing lots of them if they keep messing about with it.

birdface 19:01 23 Nov 10

Decided to update mine just to see what difference it made and so far I cannot spot any difference.
Stays like that I will be happy enough.

It still insists on putting a 10bit download icon on windows screen.

Graphicool1 10:26 24 Nov 10

I feel sorry for those who paid and am glad I never did. On my version ~ Xe ~ the only gain for paying ~ that I could see ~ would be to stop the ads (top right corner) and getting a 'Junk filter'. But I'm not too bothered by the ads and my ISP filters out the spam, before it even gets to me. So all in all ~ unusually for me ~ on this occasion, it looks like I drew the long straw.

Of course you could always revert back from '2' to 'Xe', by uninstalling 2 and reinstalling Xe, which is still available... click here
Although, you might as I did lose some of you kept email's and you'd have to make a note of all the addresses in your address book. G1

northumbria61 10:33 24 Nov 10

You shouldn't lose anything if you use the "Export Data & Settings" to a USB key then transfer back when you have reinstalled - click here

northumbria61 10:35 24 Nov 10

OR to a Data Folder if you don't have USB key.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…