Does anyone know what CLOCK PLAN.exe is?

Shirl-The-Girl 19:50 19 Dec 04

I'm not very good at techno speak I'm afraid so be gentle with me! I have had problems this week with my pc following the download of the new AVG version 7 and have also had dwwin.exe error messages. My system has been giving me messages about virtual memory running low and then programs start to shut down one by one. I have kept my task manager open and have discovered a program called CLOCK PLAN.exe created on 12 December which keeps replicating itself using approx 4900K of memory each time it appears on the list so I assume this is the reason that I am getting the virtual memory messages but does anyone know where it could have come from or how to remove it?

Diodorus Siculus 19:54 19 Dec 04

Sounds like Spyware - download, update and run some or all of the following:

click here
AdAware click here
SB click here
cws click here

Shirl-The-Girl 21:08 19 Dec 04

Yes it could be. I've tried denying it in zonealarm, i've tried uninstalling AVG, I've unchecked the box in start-up, I've run my bt-yahoo anti-spy program, but all to no avail. I'll try the ad-aware program and see what happens. I also tried system restore but it was unsuccessful!

Shirl-The-Girl 15:49 22 Dec 04

After I posted the last message, I managed to get system restore to put my system back to a few days before the problem started and all seemed ok for a day or two but now I am getting an error message every time I try to run any program. "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application." Does anyone have any ideas what this means and what I can do to correct it? I can't even do system restore this time as I get the same error message!

Diodorus Siculus 16:35 22 Dec 04

Do you have the winXP CD? If so, you may be able to run the system file checker:

start

run

sfc /scannow

(be sure to leave a space after sfc and before /scannow)

Shirl-The-Girl 16:42 22 Dec 04

No I don't as winxp was pre-installed when I bought the pc - is there another way of running it?

Diodorus Siculus 16:45 22 Dec 04

Not that I am familiar with I am afraid.

iambeavis 17:05 22 Dec 04

dwwin.exe is to do with Dr. Watson. For possible information on 0xc0000142 - click here

Not much but it may move you forward a bit.

Dorsai 17:05 22 Dec 04

I can find no referance to 'clock plan.exe', everwhere i have tried comes up blank. It could be a 'new' bit of malware. I dont know how to, but there must be some way of 'submitting it for examination' to AVG, or your chosen anti-mal company.

iambeavis 17:11 22 Dec 04

If the dwwin.exe error message is still occurring you can get rid of it by - Click Start --> Run --> services.msc - scroll down to error reporting service and disable the service.

Shirl-The-Girl 22:32 03 Jan 05

I have ended up having to restore the pc to factory settings! Nothing else worked so it was the last resort and I'm now spending hours on end reinstalling everything! It's a bit of a nightmare but you're all probably used to it! Thanks for your help though and I've marked this item resolved. Cheers Shirl

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…