Does anyone here have a 2Wire 2700HG?

simon_lambert 11:18 19 Apr 07

I have been using Linksys routers and the two that I bought were both broken, so I have given up with them. I found this router :

click here

for a good price, but I have never heard of '2wire'

Does anyone know if they are good? Ie, is the router good at its job and easy to set up? I can't afford to buy any more lame routers :(

Thanks

Ashrich 22:15 19 Apr 07

These are also used by BT for business as the BT Business Hub , do a search for it on Google , also click here for a 2 Wire forum .

Ashley

simon_lambert 12:22 20 Apr 07

Cheers for the link to the forum Ashrich, v helpful indeed :)

Katevolution 18:27 18 Jan 09

I own a Qwest 2Wire 2700-D. I, as I'm sure others can agree on, say do NOT buy it. The system did fine when I first got it. But after a while the internet shuts off for a few seconds. I've had times though where I went at least a good half hour because the internet would shut off as soon as it went back on. I researched some reviews on this system and they say the same thing. If you want to use just one connection then get it. It also seems to be able to support a desktop and laptop. But using two desktops has a chance of the internet dying, and using a desktop with a gaming system (my case a PS3) is suicide for the connection. I love using my PS3 for online gaming at it never fails to lose connection at least once if not more. So from a gamer and active computer user, I say don't buy it.

Katevolution 18:28 18 Jan 09

It's a 2Wire 2700HG-D in case anyone wanted to call wrong thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…