Doe's anyone have an Epson C86 Printer !

spuds 22:02 13 Aug 05

I have just taken possession of an Epson Stylus C86 printer, and I have noticed that when it takes paper from the rear feed-paper storage tray, it seems to 'snatch' the paper. Is this normal for the C86, or is this an indication that all is not well.

I have Lexmark,HP and Samsung printers, and all these machines feed the paper into the printer rather silent fine a delicate like.This new Epson seems to be a different beast.

spuds 09:10 14 Aug 05

Recycling the question, before I contact the supplier to see if there is a fault.

swanny2 09:26 14 Aug 05

ye ive got 1 mate mine seems ok .not like u say tho . problem with mine now is ive run out of 1 colour and it wont let me just print in black as thats full . ive got too buy a color catridge b4 i can use me black what a load of sH@@. let me know how u get on mate .cheers .

Diodorus Siculus 09:26 14 Aug 05

I don't know this model but I have seen some Epson printers that seem to grab the paper somewhat enthusiastically - it never seems to have any negative impact and paper does not get damaged in any way.

spuds 10:05 14 Aug 05

DC-- I agree,it doe's seem to be very enthusiastic in its approach, with no onward damage. [Wouldn't like to get my fingers in the mechanism though. It's like Animal from the Muppets :O)] I have tried different quantities of paper in the storage tray without any effect.A couple of sheets to fifty sheets, with same results.

swanny2-- Regarding your cartridge usage. I have purchased some bundled cartridges for the C86,at a buy one-get one free offer, at much less than a pound each [2 black 3 colours per bundle]. Very fast delivery and the cartridges look great. Check them out at click here Not sure how long the offer is remaining.

Totally-braindead 10:26 14 Aug 05

spuds I don't have the same printer as you I've got an Epson 680 and it really does snatch the paper, whether its a design thing with Epsons or not I don't know as the Epson I had before this was ok its only this one. Having said that its done this since new and I've had the printer about 3 years now and it still prints perfectly.

spuds 11:13 14 Aug 05

Totally-braindead-- I have just run off a hundred and fifty printed copies, and it seems a reasonable printer. It would appear as though the 'snatching' is part and parcel of the working mode of this machine, as you and DC have suggested. Using the other brand products Lexmark-HP-Samsung, and it seems a total different item in respect of initial quietness.

Put this one down to lack of product knowledge, I think.

Thanks again everyone for the replies. Ticked as resolved.

sidecar sid 11:47 14 Aug 05

I am pretty sure there is an option somewhere in the printers advanced settings to enable/disable quick paper feed(or words to that effect)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…