Does anyone have any information........

The Teacher 21:37 25 Apr 04

the following?

I have a gamepad that was a free gift with something a while back. It is not something I would normally use as I prefer using a joystick but one of the plastic tabs that holds the spring is broken and so the joystick is of no use.

I have connected the gamepad that I have and used "add new hardware". However my PC does not seem to recognise the device.

The gamepad itself is a Performance PC Control Pad, that has 8-way digital direction control and 6 individual fire buttons.

My PC, when trying to configure the gamepad only shows gamepads with 4 fire buttons, and does not mention Performance at all.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can get this to work until I can purchase a new joystick?

Thanks in advance.

The Teacher

woodchip 21:40 25 Apr 04

You do not say what OS but if 98se go to Device Manager and remove Joystick then restart comp with the Pad connected or if it's a USB just plug it in. be ready with your windows disc

The Teacher 21:55 25 Apr 04

Win ME is the OS. I also removed the joystick from Device Manager first. It isn't USB, it uses the game port.

Also the only windows disk I have is a recovery disk as my machine is OEM.

The Teacher

woodchip 22:24 25 Apr 04

try the add new hardware wizard in control panel

keith-236785 23:32 25 Apr 04

have a look on the bottom of the pad, does it say a Make, ie Interact. if so, I have the drivers for it.

click here, if this is the pad, e-mail me and i will send you the driver for it (it all fits on one floppy so should e-mail ok).

The Teacher 21:56 26 Apr 04

Thanks, Paperman, e-mail on its way.

It says Performance on the box but the card inside is Interact, so I assume that it is the same.

The Teacher

keith-236785 19:31 27 Apr 04

ok, i will get the floppy and zip it, send to you later tonight.

keith-236785 19:55 27 Apr 04

right, file sent, i have stripped out the other languages (french dutch german etc) so the file is only about 500kb

as the e-mail says, unzip, run setup.exe, once completed. connect powerpad, goto control panel/ game controllers, click "add controller" scroll down to Interact 6 button pad, once installed, you will have to calibrate it and test it is working ok.

if you have any problems or the file wont work, e-mail me your postal address and i will post the original disk to you.

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…