//some 3rd party need geo

does anyone else experience this problem

©®@$? 11:51 30 Jan 04

with pcadvisor website

i have no trouble with any other sites, they all load very quick, i have broadband

but this site doesn't always load up, if i'm lucky i can get in but i have to refresh ,fefresh and change rooms etc to be able to get in..

this problem started the around the same time as when pc ad went down and the site changed slightly..maybe a co-incidence but either way i want it fixed it's doing my nut in.

if no-one else is having this problem then what can i do, i have deleted temp internet files, made no diff.i remember vog mentioning about host files a while back, have looked at my hosts files and i only have one file called HOSTS and in there there is only one line which is 127.0.0.1 localhost

and the other host file is called imhost.sam

so pretty much lost on this prob..

Taw® 11:58 30 Jan 04

I know all experiences are different, but I used to have trouble with this site loading and being slow etc. I was using IE6 I was advised to try other browsers which i did, I now use Netscape and Slimbrowser. Ever since I have had no probs with the speed or loading of PCA

Wak 11:59 30 Jan 04

Hi, I can't help you with your problem but I'm just letting you know that this site now loads very quickly as far as I am concerned.
You haven't got this site listed in some Spy blocking program have you??
Just a thought!

©®@$? 12:43 30 Jan 04

cheers for the replies

wak no i havn't

it loads up some times, but the majority of the time i have to refresh again and again or just not bother, i've been quite lucky so far today..has not been as bad still had to refresh, but have been able to navigate the site

Sheila-214876 12:48 30 Jan 04

I also am on Broadband and I sometimes find it slow. You have to remember that this site holds a huge amount of information and is constantly changing minute by minute. Most other websites are static and are only updated (perhaps) once a year.

Chegs ® 12:53 30 Jan 04

I usually find thats its not the PCA page thats "hanging" but the advertisers ad.doubleclick/vibrantmedia,etc.I think that VoG's post about it only works for IE(I use Opera)eg,editing the Hosts file.Try adding vibrantmedia,etc to your Hosts file,so that your puter looks for the advert on your own pc(I think thats what it meant,adding 127.0.0.1 www vibrantmedia com etc)

VoG II 13:00 30 Jan 04

click here explains all about the hosts file. As far as I know hosts works with any browser - it works for me with Opera, IE and Firebird. Basically it redirects calls to ad servers to your own 'puter thus speeding up access to sites that carry a lot of advertising and tracking stuff.

I'm on AOL Broadband, no problems here. Just tried with IE and Opera, again straight in. Opera was the fastest!

gold 47 13:04 30 Jan 04

Found this site slow to load over the last two weeks i am on broadband and now loads no faster than dial up unless you turn your firewall off
i have tried Sygate Preventon Zone Alarm i am now using MCAFEE FIREWALL at least the site opens and yet my newer computer doesn't like MCAFEE but works with ZONE ALARM so there you go.

©®@$? 13:16 30 Jan 04

cheers peeps

the funny thing is,well it's quite ironic,everything is normal today but hasnt been for the past weak or so!

so it's a waiting game at the minute, if it starts to happen again i will delve into the hosts, or/and opera

thanks ppl

WiLL-A 14:07 30 Jan 04

I use Zone Alarm Pro which strips the ads out of the pages on this site. Prior to that I found it slower.

One thing that used to annoy me about it was whenever I was typing in my login details the page would refresh itself and I would have to type these in again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…