Does anybody use "Fast 24"

murgle 19:36 12 Apr 04

Hi,

I am thinking of changing my ADSL connection from "BT Openworld Home 500" to "Fast 24" click here. They offer twice the speed at 1MB for less than my monthly BT charges.

Has anybody used Fast 24 as I am a heavy internet user that need to be connected 24/7 so need a very reliable service.

Any advice appreciated.

byfordr 20:08 12 Apr 04

I use the 2mb service, and I signed my Dad up with the 1mb. Absolutely no problems with my Dad connection. A slight hickup (due to BT) with mine, no problems since. Very fast, no downtime that I have noticed (although they do occasionally send out emails saying service may be affected due to upgrades)Would definately recommend you give it a try. A short 3 month contract if you don't like it. A vast improvement over bts standard 512kb service.

murgle 20:36 12 Apr 04

Thanks for you reply. What is the procedure for changing over. Can I still use my exisisting BT Modem. I really cant afford to have no internet access as my business is internet based.

Thanks again.

Djohn 20:59 12 Apr 04

murgle. Contact your new [Prospective] provider and ask them for a "Migration" from your current provider to themselves.

If they take part in the migration scheme they will handle it all for you and you will only be off-line for 15-20 minutes while the BT engineer does the changeover at the exchange. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…