does anybody know about the medion pocket pc?

lelole 17:23 19 Jul 03

I have just bought a medion pocket pc from tyoys r us for the meagre price of £199. I have been really pleased with it - I have never used a PDA before. The only problem I have is that the main reason I bought it is because I have a job that means I am away a lot, so I wanted to be able to connect to the internet, and email while away.

However I have phoned the orange helpline, and although I have a Nokia WAP enabled phone, neither Nokia or Orange support Medion as it's not a main manufacturer. I had used it before I realsied so I can't get a refund.

I don't know much about these sorts of things so if anybody can give me some advice that would be fantastic!!

Many Thanks

Leah

Stuartli 18:47 19 Jul 03

Medion generally rebadges other manufacturers' products under its own name.

You need to try and establish who has manufactured the pocket PC and take it from there.

Have you also contacted Medion's UK HQ? It would seem strange if staff were not prepared to help you as much as possible to overcome your dilemma.

lelole 20:57 19 Jul 03

I haven't contacted medion, I will try that and see if I have any joy! Thanks

Leah

Qmar 00:22 20 Jul 03

..my cursory search tells me that Medion PDA uses pocket-pc os. What ports are there on the PDA ? e.g Infrared? USB ?.. there must be a connector to do the job... anyway have a look at this info on mobile-to-pda connections..

click here

Qmar 00:35 20 Jul 03

orange GPRS ? click here

lelole 00:53 20 Jul 03

have sent an email to medion and am waiting to hear from them, unfortunately even the website doesn't support medion, hopefully Stuartli's right and medion will tell me which manufacturer and model it's the same as, and I should be up and running!!

Thanks

leah

Qmar 01:12 20 Jul 03

click here&

medion pda

click here

amitech mio pda

Qmar 01:15 20 Jul 03
  Qmar 01:17 20 Jul 03

click here

............>

click here

Qmar 02:20 20 Jul 03

Interface -Serial/USB
IrDA -yes

from click here

therefore u can connect with your nokia via IR port or USB connector.

lelole 11:08 20 Jul 03

The pictures do look exactly the same as mine - but the pages are coming up in German, and I don't speak it!!! What dot he pages say?

Leah x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…