Does any member use Iobit Driver Booster?

spuds 12:19 23 Aug 14
Answered

If so, what is your opinion of this product - Iobit Driver Booster?.

I have made a number of review information searches, but would like to know if any member of this forum, as anything further to add, negative/positive?.

tullie 12:50 23 Aug 14

I am giving it a trial,no problems so far.

spuds 12:57 23 Aug 14

tullie

Thanks for that. I installed it yesterday due to a Windows 7 blue screen problem, and it was suggested that product might help resolve the problems of the particular blue screen incident?.

In the main the product seems to have fairly good reviews, both the free version and the Pro version?.

spuds 12:59 23 Aug 14

Jock1e

Why did you think it was not very good?.

Have you used an alternative?.

spuds 13:00 23 Aug 14

crossed questions and answers :O)

spuds 17:56 23 Aug 14
Answer

I'll tick this now, please add further if you wish.

alanrwood 19:12 23 Aug 14

Been using it for about 11 months and it is OK. Like all similar programs it can occasionally make a mistake but it does create a restore before installing any new drivers.As it is a yearly subscription model I will probably not renew as I have found that free Slimdrivers does a reasonable job too.

bumpkin 19:32 23 Aug 14

There is a clue in the name lobit (in the bin)

sunnystaines 00:46 24 Aug 14

I like IObit but driver software I leave well alone and get my drivers from motherboard/laptop website, the graphics web site etc. many years ago one messed up my pc never touched them since it so easy for them to revert your driver to an older version or instal the wrong driver in error and the pc fails to start on next reboot,

onthelimit1 11:53 24 Aug 14

I don't fiddle with drivers, but if I'm stuck after a reinstall, I use the free version of Slimdrivers. This one usually points to the manufacturers driver rather than a third party one.

spuds 13:49 24 Aug 14

There seems to be a number of suggestions regarding SlimDriver. So I have downloaded a copy, and will go from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac