Does this actually exist?!

alexgray104 19:09 01 Jul 06

Hi,
Just got a HP IPAQ 5450 which has a SD card slot for memory cards. I also have a usb printer which I would like to plug into the PDA, is there such a SD card which has a USB plug on the end? I have done a diagram if thats any help!

click here

Thanks,
Alex

Fingees 19:25 01 Jul 06
  ruskle 21:06 26 Aug 06

I may be wrong but I think what Alex wants is the abilty to plug his printer USB cable into his PDA, what Fingees has suggested is the "male" version not the "female" version, (probably not the correct terminology). I would be interested if one exsists, but I just push the SD card into either printer or laptop.

Ruskle

ruskle 21:32 25 Mar 07

I have just seen this post again and realise it would be impossible to print direct from the iPAQ as it won't have the printer driver. However it would be useful if such a device existed as it could be used to connect other usb equipment, a camera springs to mind. It would then be possible to transfer pictures when the camera card was filling up.
I could certainly use one to connect my Fuji 9600 as upto now I only have two 64Mb cards. Can anyone help us.
Ruskle

Stuartli 21:37 25 Mar 07

1GB Secure Digital cards are now down to around a fiver and 2GB for about twice that price.

You could use a memory card reader/writer (these have a USB connection) and insert the SD card into the reader.

Again well under a tenner for a 15-1 or higher memory card reader/writer.

Technotiger 21:39 25 Mar 07

I don't know, but perhaps something like this ..

click here

woodchip 21:40 25 Mar 07

Why not take the SD card out and just plug it into ether a Printer that takes SD or a Card Reader in the Computer

ruskle 21:27 26 Mar 07

Since Alex has not re-posted since July 2006 he must realise that you cannot plug a printer cable into a HP iPaq. I don't have a problem as my Laptop takes my Fujifilm xd card but the iPaq (not ipod) does not. I was just interested to see if a device was available to make a connection between a usb cable and a SD card type fitting, that would fit into a HP iPaq hand held pc. Seems not, the Ipod connector descibed above seems to have a different socket so is not compatable.

Ruskle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…