dodgy pc???

aceguy 15:20 20 Aug 04

my pc has started freezing up for a second or two then the monitor switches of then comes straight back on and everything is back to narmal for a while!!! i run windows xp-home on a pentium 4-266 and everything has been fine till now.i have avg up to date and zone alarm running i also run ad-aware and spy-bot. any ideas anyone - or is my pc just dying!! any help would be great!!!

aceguy 15:28 20 Aug 04

is there anyway to check that my fan is working i have a feeling it could be that - the pc is rather quite!

jonnytub 15:30 20 Aug 04

take the case side off is the easiest and quickest!!

aceguy 15:38 20 Aug 04

does the fan always run????

jonnytub 16:14 20 Aug 04

problems replying post later

jonnytub 19:04 20 Aug 04

problems replying post later

VoG II 19:12 20 Aug 04

MBM click here should tell you if the fans are running. Fans normally run continuously on desktops.

aceguy 20:00 26 Aug 04

after all the booting the pc and rippin my hair out it turned out that all was wrong with the pc was a driver update for the graphics card!!! all i had to do was roll it back to previous driver - doh!! i was just gonig to pay someone to fix it to! cheers for help anyhow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…