Dodgy integrated graphics.

yogibear 11:24 26 Feb 06

I have just managed to get some use of my PC again after 2 HDD dying on me, but I am now having probs with the monitor flickering. I cannot alter the refresh rate via Control Panel, and a search with DriverAgent shows several drivers missing or corrupted. However, I am unable to download new versions of any of them. Which of them are actually needed I don't know, but it's doing my head in.
(VT3164) VIA IDE RAID Controller
VIA Bus Master IDE Controller
VIA Compatible Fast Ethernet Adatpter
VIA 6410 IDE RAID Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
USB Mass Storage Device
USB Printing Support.

As ever, any advice gratefully recieved.

yogibear 11:29 26 Feb 06

BTW ran CPU-Z and it gave me this

MOBO Manu = Time Computers
Model = MS-7142 100
chipset = VIA ID0204 rev 00
Southbridge = VIA VT8327
Sensor = Winbond W83627THF

Totally-braindead 11:39 26 Feb 06

Have a physical look at your motherboard and see if this is it click here it appears to be a MSI motherboard manufactured for Time. Do you not still have the Time disks?

Totally-braindead 11:42 26 Feb 06

If that is the board you have and you don't have the Time disks then you should be able to download the drivers from here click here

Diemmess 11:44 26 Feb 06

Try looking in Device Manager > Display Adapters and right click on Properties, then Driver.

If it shows that the drivers are not working or not correct then try Updating drivers.

yogibear 11:50 26 Feb 06

That is indeed my board. I don't have any discs as I bought a barebones system from EMIT, the factory shop of the now closed Time Computers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now